Hero Wars | How to Build a Winning Team

Hey Hero Wars fans. A warm welcome to my first blog post where I'll be sharing some secrets about How to Build a Team in Hero Wars using minimal resources and still remain competitive.

This is a long term strategy, it's for those who play the long game. By the time you reach the Grand Arena you'll be well equipped and ready to win than most (if not all) in the server that you're on. The ultimate goal is to create 3 solid teams of heroes.

There are many ways to build a strong winning team in the game hero wars but I have found a better way which guarantees my success all the time. I went through a lot of trial and error until I found this strategy.

A lot of people make the mistake of focusing on the 'Type" of a hero. For instance, some people will suggest that you get a team that has a Tank, Warrior, Marksman, Control/Mage and a Healer.

Although that's a good way to build a team, it's a bad approach for building a winning team that will also be able to defend your spot in the Arena or progressing in the campaign.

Instead, what you need to focus on is the role that each hero plays in your team. So, you need to focus on 1 hero before even considering a team. That's team building 101.

Choosing Your First Hero

Don't try to complicate this process.

What you need to do is to look at the list of heroes that you currently have and simply choose your favorite, it doesn't matter which one, just choose one.

The next thing is to choose what role they'll play in your team. Ask yourself what's their main strength and focus more on what they're good at.

Different Types of Roles

When I use the words "Type" or "Role" I'm not using the game's language but I'm trying to make it easy for someone who's new to the game. This is how I wish someone would have taught me when I was starting out instead of using complicated terms.

Here are the different roles that you must focus on to build a winning team.

  1. Armor
  2. Armor Penetration
  3. Physical Attack
  4. Magic Defense
  5. Magic Attack
  6. Magic Penetration
  7. Healing
  8. Dodge

These are the different roles that you need to focus on if you want to have a strong team in the game.

Obviously there's millions of ways you can tackle this, but since this is a beginners guide I will show you how to build a team using the heroes that you unlock earlier on in the game. This way you'll be able to build 3 strong teams that are hard to beat in the Grand Arena.

Building Your First Team in Hero Wars

Now that we've built the foundation and you've chosen a hero, let's see how one can build a full team around that one hero.

For this tutorial I'm going to choose Astaroth, mainly because he's free and he's a good tank no matter what level of the game you're playing (beginner, intermediate or advanced).


Now that I've chosen a hero, I need to figure out which role I want him to play in the team that I'm building.

Since Astaroth is a Tank I want him to provide Armor and Magic Defense for the team.

Now that I know his role in the team, this will help me avoid wasting resources when upgrading his Skills, Glyphs and Artifacts.

I'll do detailed guides about Glyphs and Artifacts in upcoming tutorials.

Armor and Magic Defense are just 2 roles out of the 8 I mentioned above, so we need to find other heroes who'll cover the remaining 6 roles.

Another good hero that will last longer in the game is Maya, it's very easy to get her in the beginning of the game.



Maya has different kinds of abilities but my main focus for this example I want her to provide healing for the team while dealing some damage at the same time. 

So, she's going to be focusing on 2 roles, which are Magic Attack and Healing being her crucial role. I'm not stating that she's the best healer or Astaroth is the best tank, these are the heroes that are easily accessible.

With that said, let's move on to our next hero.


Next up in our list will be a damage dealer.

Qing Mao is one of the best damage dealers in the game and she can weaken the armor of the enemy pretty quick with her "Open Heart" skill.

For this team, Qing Mao will provide the team with Amor Penetration and Physical Attack. That's her main strength and she's not hard to get in the beginning stages of the game.

She's one of the best damage dealers and will last longer in the game, I've used her to beat the toughest opponents in the most difficult stages of the game. So, you can never go wrong with Qing Mao when it comes to providing amor penetration and physical attack roles for the team.

Now, we have half of the battle won. We still need 2 more heroes.


Another awesome hero that is easy to get during the beginning stages of the game is, Keira.

She's the perfect hero to provide Magic Attack and Magic Penetration for this example team.

Keira's blades deal a lot of damage to the entire enemy's team. One of her skills, the "Piercing Pain" will also deal a lot of damage to the entire enemy's team and giving great support to Qing Mao to make sure that the enemy is weak in a short period of time.

Now that we have 4 heroes selected and all the roles are covered (except for dodge, which is not a huge problem), we need a final hero to fill up the gap or cover our weakness.


Since I'm writing this blog post as a guide, I can't test to find the weakness for this team against other teams, I'll just assume that adding another damage dealer will help us weaken the enemy even faster.

So, for our final hero, I will go with, Orion. He's one of the most Favorited Mage in the game and of course, just like our previous heroes, he is a long term investment. He's also easy to get during the beginning stages of the game.

Conclusion

That's how I build a winning team in Hero Wars.

I focus more on what a hero will provide for the team. This is how you create good synergy for your team. You'll beat a lot of teams with this strategy because most people don't understand the importance of synergy.

This is how I'm able to beat teams that have a lot of power than mine in the Arena because my heroes are masters of specific roles instead of trying to become jack of all trades.

That is why I'm more afraid of someone who masters 1 type of kick as compared to someone who knows 100 different kicks.

So, focus on building your teams based on the role they'll play in your team. Invest resources to improve their role and you'll save a lot of gold and emeralds. As compared to improving all aspects of a hero then end up running shot on resources such as gold.

Remember, the heroes I chose above were for example purposes.

If you have any questions then please leave a comment below and I'll definitely get back at you. Feel free to leave a comment if there's anything else that you might want to add or even if you just want to say Thank you.

Now, go build a strong winning team, enjoy the game and we'll meet in the Arena :)

Comments